Everyone’s favorite mouse is ready to celebrate Christmas! This If You Take a Mouse to the Movies Book Companion provides literacy, language and listening activities to accompany the book by Laura Numeroff. After reading the book (available online or in stores), follow up with six literature unit activities! The activities include:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Mouse’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Analogies- Complete analogies with cards featuring pictures and words
6. Following Directions- Listen to the directions and perform tasks on a picture grid
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please Note: The book, If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff, is not included in this file, and must be purchased separately.