This note-taking guide can be used with any of the books in the "Introduction to Ancient Civilizations Through Time" series by Carole P. Roman.
If You Were Me and Lived in...
the Ancient Mali Empire
Students record information about a variety of topics, including family, home, food, jobs, clothing, education, inventions, laws, and lots more.
Students can use their notes to complete a project of their choice. Ideas include
- comparing two or more ancient civilizations
- writing and illustrating several diary entries from a child's point-of-view
- organizing a display table with artifacts and descriptions
- performing a skit or a play
- creating a PowerPoint presentation
- making a poster or presentation board
Check out our related blog post.
Visit our interactive global learning website for students and educators.