Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
33.18 MB | 57 pages
If you were on the Mayflower in 1620 A Growing Resource until November 15, 2016
This Pilgrim writing response and craftivity is meant to be used after reading a book
about the Mayflower or Pilgrims. However I have included 17 Mayflower fact cards with Questions to think/Pair/Share about as you read all or a few a day. The cards could possibly used with a more advanced group as Task Cards for discussions. Each student then has an opportunity to think about being a Pilgrim and sailing on the Mayflower and then has a choice of 3 different writing response sheets for a Pilgrim writing activity and make themselves as a pilgrim either from scratch or use the coloring page...your choice... although I prefer the craft! This is a growing resource for the month of November 2016. Now...it also includes a compare/contrast sheet for students to compare themselves to Pilgrim Children. Each few days I will be adding the following activities to this resource. Here is what will be included in this packet before November 15th: But remember the price will also go up as I add more ideas and activities;
As of November 1, 2016:
1. 17 Mayflower fact cards with discussion questions.
2. 3 writing response sheets
3. A coloring type page to make the Pilgrims
4. Tracers to make themselves as Pilgrims...everything you need
5. Compare/Contrast Sheet to compare Pilgrim children to today’s children
6. Here are a few websites where you can gather information about the Mayflower and
As of November 15th:
*A Power Point Point describing the Pilgrims voyage on the Mayflower and their first year In Plymouth.
* Writing frames for Thanksgiving
* A Power Point with some information about Native American Children which includes an activity for students to choose and create a Native American Name for themselves. You can put these names on Sentence Strips, add a few feathers and they will have their own headband.
* Additional Writing Frames.
*Some Games that the Native Americans may have played with the Pilgrims.