I did this on powerpoint. Students were assigned an explorer from the European Age of Exploration which they researched prior to this activity. This activity is not limited to explorers. It works with any historical figure. They opened this in powerpoint and edited it dragging pictures and adding text.
Directions: Imagine your explorer had instagram on his expeditions.
1. Find a profile picture that represents your explorer and drag to the small box in the top left of this instagram slide. Resize to cover that box
2. Pick a username for your explorer and replace "username" with it.
3. Pick a significant event which occurred just before, during or after your explorers expedition and find a picture to represent that event. Drag it to the large center box and resize it to cover the box.
4. Replace the word "Description" with a phrase or sentence that describes the event represented by the picture. Include at least one hashtag after each description.
5. Repeat until you have a total of 6 instagram posts. Use the same profile picture and user name for all 6 posts.
6. Move around the classroom to others peoples computers showing their instagram posts. "Comment" on each others' pictures. Comment on at least 3 people instagram posts.
NOTE: COMMENTS, PICTURES, AND DESCRIPTIONS SHOULD BE SPECIFIC AND NOT GENERAL