Illinois state flip books are an interactive and meaningful therapy activity to teach your students all about Illinois while addressing speech and language goals! There are 5 flipbooks included in this resource. The flipbooks include basic information about state symbols, a map where your students will highlight Illinois cities containing their target sound, famous person from Illinois bio, Illinois history/fun facts, and a maze with Illinois-related speech words!
These flipbooks are primarily intended for speech/language children. There is a flipbook for each of the following phonemes: /s, r, l/. There is also a language and open-ended flipbook.
In each speech flipbook:
- Title page
- State Symbols – finding target sound
- Famous Illinois person with the targeted speech sound
- Places in Illinois – geography & finding targets sound
- Illinois Fun Facts – finding target sound
- Illinois History – oral reading activity
- Maze containing Illinois speech words
In the language flipbook
- Title page
- State Symbols – category exercise
- Famous Person Bio
- Places in Illinois – verbal persuasion task
- Fun Illinois Facts
- Illinois Questions – reading comprehension task
- Illinois Vocabulary Maze – verbal description task
“S” Flipbook: Pages 4-10
"R” Flipbook: Pages 11-17
“L” Flipbook: Pages 18-24
Language Flipbook: Pages 25-31
Open-Ended Illinois Flipbook: 32-38
*Bonus: Page 39 has a full map of the US with Illinois highlighted to help your students understand the geography.