Also included in
- This Reading Centers Nonfiction Bundle includes three formats (print and 2 digital) with interactive games that target key reading comprehension skills using 3rd grade informational text. You’ll love using these reading games in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, and for$18.00$35.00Save $17.00
- This yearlong bundle of Reading Centers for 3rd grade includes three formats for each reading game (print and 2 digital) and will give your students interactive practice that reinforces ALL FICTION and NONFICTION READING STANDARDS! You’ll love using these for literacy centers, for independent work,$35.00$66.50Save $31.50
This Illustrations and Text Center includes three formats (print and 2 digital) and is an engaging way to help your students practice understanding how to combine visual information with informational text. You’ll love using this reading game in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, and for test prep.
The three formats, print, Google Forms, and interactive PDFs give you lots of flexibility in teaching and learning options! The Google Forms format is a great NO PREP, self-grading, and gathering data option. The interactive PDFs can be used on most digital learning platforms including Google Classroom™, but can also be downloaded to a student’s device and played off WiFi! Kids still enjoy the hands-on print task cards for partner or small group games.
Here’s what it includes:
32 Illustrations and Text Task Cards
Google Forms (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)
PDF Interactive Digital Game (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)PDF Interactive
Two Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Game Boards (One in color and one in black and white)
Two Sets of Markers (One in color and one in black and white)
Center Directions for Students (Includes an editable version too)
Detailed Teacher Notes
Getting Started Guide for How to Assign Interactive PDF Games
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Centers Yearlong Bundle Fiction & Nonfiction Reading Games for 3rd Grade (Click Here)
Why you'll love this resource:
- This reading center is carefully aligned to cover the illustrations and text reading standard!
- This game gives your students concentrated practice in a format that seems less overwhelming than large passages.
- Your students will enjoy playing the game!
- There are editable directions, so you can decide how you'd like your students to play.
- The Google Forms are NO PREP, SELF-GRADING, and provides data for you.
- The interactive PDF version is NO PREP, self-checking, and gives students immediate feedback.
- The multiple-choice format makes the print version easy to grade.
- There are so many ways to use the game, from literacy centers, whole class game times, one on one work, exit slips, to test prep, and more!!!
- The reading game is Common Core Aligned but has no Common Core notations and coordinates well with a number of different sets of standards including TEKS and VSOL.
This resource targets the following: Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where, when, why, and how key events occur). RI 3.7
This Illustrations and Text Reading Center is also part of the Nonfiction Reading Centers Bundle.
Here are the nonfiction centers:
Need Fiction Centers?
These are included in the Fiction Reading Centers Bundle.
Want to try a FREE center? This FREE Character Traits Center has 32 matching ice cream scoops and cones! There are mini-character trait stories on the scoops and character traits on the ice cream cones!
Need another grade?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so much,
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.