This is a fun Thanksgiving mini book that can be used to target many different concepts. The book is 17 pages long.
• Naming colors- This book contains turkeys that are a variety of different colors
• Producing medial /k/ and /g/- The words “looking,” “turkey,” and “wagon” occur many times in the book
• Producing /f/ in the initial position of words- the words “found” and “feather” occur many times in the book
• Increasing sentence length- The text follows a predictable pattern, so it gives your students many opportunities to practice the same sentence structure
• Answering basic “where” questions- Students can describe where the turkey is hiding
I included 3 different formats for printing the book, so hopefully there is an option that works well for everyone! Please note that all 3 formats are the same book, just three different options for printing.
The first version is a full-page format where each page of the book is a full printer page. This format might work well if you are reading the book with a class or a group.
The second version is a half-page format. Each printer page contains 2 different pages of the book. This format would probably work best if you only want to print one copy of the book and you want to use less color ink than the first option would use.
The third version is another half-page format. Each printer page contains the same page of the book twice. This format would allow you to more easily cut and assemble multiple copies of the book.
All three of the formats use color ink.
My Cute Graphics: www.mycutegraphics.com
Scrappin Doodles: www.scrappindoodles.com
Clip Art by Carrie @ C&C Teach First: www.ccteachfirst.blogspot.com
Kristyn Copeland: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Copelands-Got-Class-In-3rd
Activity created by Lauren Laur, CCC-SLP