This Virginia Studies song teaches students about the Virginia Studies 9 SOL: contributions of Governor Douglas Wilder, a famous 20th century Virginian.
Get the activity here!
Listen with subtitles on YouTube!
Get the Black History Bundle! Save money!
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- a list of short answer comprehension questions with the answer key
- a sequential paragraph writing activity.
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the questions on page 1.
- Then, students will listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on page 2.
- Students will then answer the questions on page 1.
- Next, students will complete the sequential paragraph activity on page 3.
- The answer key for page 1 is located on page 4.
Click here to follow our store for updates!
Get monthly freebies!
Get a custom-made song for free!
You may also like:
Frederick Douglass Reading Comprehension Biography Activity #1 with Song
Governor Douglas Wilder Black History Month Passage with Song
Governor Linwood Holton Jr. Famous Virginians Reading Activity with Song
Jackie Robinson and Civil Rights Reading Passage with Song
Maggie Walker Black History Month Passage with Song
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this video are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.