Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
7.52 MB | 14 pages
This group of pieces grew out of the need to provide something of a challenge for three boys that were ahead of the rest of the class. The first piece to be written was the final piece “Lullaby”, which was way too hard! The boys needed to start with something much simpler. So the whole suite was written to start simply and become progressively more challenging with each movement, but remain simple enough for intermediate players to enjoy. It uses the white notes from D to D with an accidental F#.
The movements are:
1. The Choir starts out with just half and whole notes and their equivalent rests, allowing the students to get the feel for playing different lines of music, sustaining notes and making a blended sound.
2. Raindrops introduces quarter notes and helps develop a good staccato style, so bringing those raindrops to life.
3. The King’s Arrival introduces eighth notes and uses unison, staccato, legato and sustained notes.
4. Pipers Calling introduces legato, develops counting skills and interweaving lines of music.
5. The Haunted House has strange, atmospheric harmonies with a sense of
spooky and fun drama.
6. Lullaby is a gentle work, teaching smoothness and phrasing and uses many of the techniques found in the previous movements.
Each movement works well individually or performed together in sequence as a complete work.
Included in the pack:
* MP3s with the recorder playing the melody (Which is a great help while learning the piece)
* The Full Score in PDF format
If you need anything arranged from this work, or just perhaps something new, please do not hesitate to contact us