Studying the 1950s-1960s in America
Want to introduce the Era of Prosperity, Progress, and Peace
Looking for an interactive lecture to introduce Eisenhower
or the other Presidents and their policies
during the early Cold War Era
Powerpoint images are designed for an interactive slide lecture. Images cover many of the topics from the 1950s-1960s that show the societal change of the time.
Images can be projected for interactive act-it-outs or students can act out what they think is occurring before explanation. Teacher narration is provided in the notes section for each slide.
Nuclear Testing & Fears
American Fallout Shelters
Consumerism in America
Suburbia & Pre-Fab Homes
Role of Women
Rock & Roll
This is a great starter activity for the unit or it can be used to prompt research projects as students choose topics from the slide content.
• Cold War Assignments with Student Choice for Multiple Intelligences
• Cold War Events Timeline & Mapping Activity World History
• Cold War Infographics Analysis Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Cold War Primary Source Activity Bundled Set - Homework, Teamwork, Class Review
• Cold War SPRITE Reading & Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• Homefront America in the Cold War
• 1950s in America SPRITE Reading & Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• 1950s America Infographics Analysis Google Drive Interactive Lesson
See my other Social Studies and ELA resources from my TpT Store!