I have always wanted images that promote a growth mindset and also help kids understand the scores (1, 2, 3 & 4) from state tests in New York.
It’s my understanding that a rating of 1, 2, 3 or 4 has become common in many educational settings.
I think this is a good start and would love to know what you think! Here's how I plan to explain these images to kids:
4) Nailed It! Moving on . . . Every person should learn and grow every day. Hurray for exceeding the expectations! Next, let's pick some goals to help you keep moving on.
3) I got this! The standards are high and you reached the goal. Congratulations and let's plan for the next steps.
2) A little help please . . . Everybody needs a little help at times. Let's take a close look, think about what you did well, and make a plan to help you reach the goals.
1) Stumped right now. Need more tools . . . This was the trickiest to think of an image for. This image represents the bunny leaning on the stump, feeling “stumped.” The focus is on thinking of more tools. It's important for teachers, students and parents to all work closely together to help kids develop the skills they need to experience success in school. I hope this statement motivates the entire team to make a plan to help the student get the tools he/she needs to succeed.
This item includes the following variations of the four images shown in the thumbnails:
1) Full page images of the four pictures, including numbers 1 - 4.
2) Full page images of the same pictures, without numbers.
3) A page showing all four images with the numbers included.
4) A page showing all four images without numbers.
5) One page of table tents that students can display as needed.
Please feel free to let me know if you are in need of customized wording.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.
Sincerely, Anne Gardner (NBCT, Literacy)
Please note: A purchase of this product entitles the buyer to a license for use in one classroom. Please let me know if you are interested in a school or district license.