Need an interesting project for students when special circumstances arrive?
This just may do the trick!
I used this as a supplement when I had to reteach grammar to half of my 4th year students who had experienced a negative situation. So that my other students would not be bored, I created this Poet Project for them to work on independently.
I then realized this Project could be used for many scenarios:
• A week of Emergency Lesson Plans for an upper level class
• A side project for students who do not need a particular lesson that you are
reteaching to others.
• As a cool End of the Year project
• After having read about a few Latino poets.
• When you return from surgery / bereavement or are not up to your usual
magnificent teacher self.
• When you need a break from being “ON” every second of the period.
What is included?
• Day by Day instructions for students to work on Poet Project
• Teacher may choose to collect work daily , assign different activities for
homework or collect all at the end of the week
• Options for making this either a 4 or 5-day project
• Creative alternatives for your more creative student.
• Suggestions for teacher
Some of the activities included in this project:
• A list of poets from which to choose
• Day 1 - a paragraph comparing 2 poets is due.
• Day 2 - students are to research 4- 5 poems by chosen poet.
• Students copy favorite poem and later decorate it.
• Students illustrate poem
• Option to write one’s own poem
Note : This project is meant to be enjoyable and not tedious, therefore it involves creativity and is not overly sophisticated or strenuous.
*** Note : Students will need colored pencils, markers or paint for this project if you include the illustration portion.
In order to get my latest product updates, please go to my store and click on the star.