Topic: Imaginary Place
1. Brainstorm Graphic Organizer
2. Essay Outline Graphic Organizer
3. Peer Edit Rubric
The purpose of this essay outline is to help students brainstorm about an idea and formulate a basic, five paragraph essay on a chosen topic.
1. Students will first fill out the brainstorm graphic organizer.
2. Then, students will use the brainstorm graphic organizer to as a guide to fill out the essay outline graphic organizer.
3. Then, students will hand write the five paragraph essay rough draft on paper. (This works best when students skip lines for editing).
4. Students will then peer edit the rough draft using the rough draft rubric provided with a partner.
5. Then, the students will partner share and review the rubric together.
6. The final product will be a typed, double-spaced, five paragraph essay.