Immigration continues to be a hot topic in our lives.
This educational resource has been created to help your kids in Grades 4-6 get a better understanding of why people immigrate, the immigration process and what challenges immigrants face.
The booklet, which is colorful and has been designed like a kid’s magazine, shows well in black and white.
Included in this booklet are:
• The first article, “What is an immigrant?” covers topic like “Why Do People Immigrate?”, “The Immigration Process”, “What Challenges Do You Think Immigrants Face?” Then it will point the kids to their own thoughts and actions towards immigrants.
• In the second article, kids will discover “Who Are the Immigrants?”. This article relates students to topic like “Legal Immigrants,”,“Illegal Immigrants,” “Illegal Immigrants Involved in Crime,” “Refugees” and “What is a DREAMer.” Of course this last article is more pertinent for USA citizens.
• The third article is two pages: “Five Ways to Make an Immigrant Feel Welcome,” which can also be printed and put up as a poster.
• The fourth article is another two pages “Why Do People Oppose Immigration?” This can as well be printed and put up as a poster.
• The booklet also includes an easy to follow lesson plan (two pages) for Grades 4,5, and 6.
• There are three worksheets for grades 4,5, and 6.
• One answer key.
The hyperlinks go to the related videos and are embedded in the PDF.
You can watch the video and read the main article here: Kidscharacterbuilding.com
All related articles can be reviewed by members of my website.