Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.14 MB | 22 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.11-12.4. They will analyze how an author’s choices about language shape a text. Students will learn how to identify several common forms of figurative language. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 3 links to instructional videos or texts
• Definitions of key terms, such as figurative language and emotional tone
• 1 assessment that includes five multiple choice questions
• Excerpts from several texts, including "A Country Doctor" by Sarah Orne Jewett
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels