This complete lesson plan on the Impeachment Process includes 6 case studies, an overview reading, and more for an engaging activity on impeachment in America.
The lesson will first ensure that students understand the impeachment process at both the state and federal level. Then, students move on to analyzing impeachment cases like Presidents Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson as well as Richard Nixon's potential impeachment. Case studies of impeachment at the state level are covered with articles about 3 governors who were impeached.
The resource also now includes two updated articles on both impeachment cases against Donald Trump.
Steps on how to use the resources through either stations, collaborative groups, or individual work are included in a detailed lesson plan.
All of the following are included in the download:
- Complete lesson plan with multiple activities, videos, & extension ideas
- Overview reading on the impeachment process in America
- 6 case study analysis readings on federal & state impeachment cases
- Worksheet with discussion questions and critical thinking analysis
- Editable Google Doc version of the entire lesson with links to additional sources
- Complete answer key and discussion points
This is a fantastic lesson for your Civics, American Government, or US History classes!
This resource can also be downloaded as part of my Executive Branch Unit Bundle.
Thanks so much for checking it out!