Imperialism Brief Overview
to Prompt Discussion or Begin Unit
Looking for a quick introduction to the basics of Imperialism
Want to help your students define Imperialism
and the key aspects of Imperialistic moves
in the late 1800s and early 1900s?
This powerpoint is an 10 slide overview of Imperialism
, leaving students with three broad questions at the end on the impact of Imperialism
on the European nations and on the rest of the world.
It is an excellent start for a Unit on Imperialism in the 1800s, using political cartoons for analysis, maps for investigation, and basic facts for topic introduction.
More detailed powerpoints on imperialism (and many other topics) also available in my TPT Store as well as complete Units and a Semester World History Package.
Take a look at my many other Imperialism Resources:
• Imperialism to WWI Mapping Activity
• Imperialism to WWI Primary Source Analysis Bundle
• Avatar Viewing Guide with Imperialism Correlations
• US Coming of Age Imperialism Lecture Notes
• Imperialism of Africa 4-Thought Organizer Reading Guide & Lesson Materials
• Imperialism of Asia 4-Thought Organizer Reading Guide & Lesson Materials
• Imperialism of Asia and Latin America Lecture Notes
• Complete Introduction to Imperialism & Imperialist Motives Lecture Notes
• Age of Imperialism Guided Student Notes Set
• Imperialism Brief Overview Introduction Lecture Notes
• U.S. History American Imperialism Lecture Notes
• Impact of Imperialism Leading to WWI Lecture Notes w/Primary Sources
• American Imperialism Reading & SPRITE Graphic Organizer
Find my Complete Unit on Nationalism, Unification & Imperialism for World History here!
See other Mapping Activities in my Geography IS History Series!
And in my TpT Store
, you will find everything you need for the U.S., World, Geography, Holocaust, or other Social Studies Classroom!