Teaching the connection between Imperialism and WW1
Want to introduce primary sources as you make the connection between European Imperialism and The Great War?
Use this Primary Source Analysis Activity to address the CCSS while helping your students gain a better understanding of the changes in the United States policies toward Imperialism as it led into WWI
Students can inspect vivid images, decipher varying quotes, and investigate original documents with guiding questions.
A wrap-up question asks students to make comparisons to current events.
Since answers will vary, an answer key is NOT provided.
May be used as a class assignment, homework assignment, assessment, or as a small group response activity.
Visit my TpT Store for other Primary Source Handouts for each decade and world event. Bundles also available!
• Complete Intro to Imperialism & Imperialist Motives Ppt w/Primary Sources
• Age of Imperialism Guided Notes Student Handouts
• Imperialism Brief Overview to Prompt Discussion, Begin Unit or Review
• Imperialism 4-Thought Organizer Reading Guide & Primary Sources on Asia
• Imperialism in Asia and Latin America Powerpoint Lecture Notes
• Imperialism of Africa 4-Thought Organizer Reading Guide & Lesson Materials
• Imperialism to WWI Mapping Activity
See my Store for other primary source activities, walking tours, archeological digs, scavenger hunts, and so much more for the Social Studies and ELA classroom.