Want to introduce significant people
of the 20th Century
Looking for an engaging lesson
to wrap up your U.S. or World 20th Century
This class activity is designed for the general or lower collaboration special education World History class. It could easily be modified and used in advanced and even AP classes with independent research assigned instead of using the bios.
A powerpoint with wrap up questions on the significance of the included people
A student handout with guided questions for research
A matrix sheet for students to meet and greet the character collages they create in pairs or small groups on the significant people.
Step 1 is to pick a significant person from the bios.
Step 2 allows the students to read the bios and answer the questions provided about their person's history and contributions.
Step 3 is for students to create a character collage to hang on the wall with the guided questions.
Step 4 requires students to go around the room to "meet" the different people.
Step 5 is a powerpoint review of the people and their world significance.
I use this activity at the end of the year. The people are varied and draw students' interest at this crazy time! Also allows students to be creative and leads to incredible class discussion!
• 20th Century People Wrap Up Powerpoint for Character Collage Activity
• End of 20th Century COMPLETE UNIT Quick Coverage Cold War & Beyond
• Important People of 20th Century Meet Greet Character Collage Activity
• Cold War Infographics Analysis Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Cold War Events Timeline & Mapping Activity World History
• Protest Movements of the 1960s and 70s Primary Source Analysis Activity
• 80s Culture in America Primary Source Analysis Activity 1980s
• 1980s to 2000 in America SPRITE Reading & Social Studies Graphic Organizer