Looking for an engaging way to review Important Leaders
of the Early Modern Period?
Want to cover a large about of content, yet have a short period of time?
Students will read assignment from presentation, complete assignment, and organize their notes as assigned on the Great Leaders
from around the World in the Early Modern Period.
Students are directed to research specific topics
and to then write a eulogy
for class presentation.
Students will take notes with the presentations in the chart format also provided in the assignment.
This activity is designed for my 10th grade AP World History class, but could be used in any world history class covering the leaders of the early modern period of history.
Leaders range from European monarchs to czars of Russia to Muslim, Asian and African leaders.
Queen Isabella of Spain
King Phillip of Spain
King Henry VIII
Ivan the Terrible
Peter the Great
Catherine the Great
Sulyman the Magnificent
See complete list in thumbnail.
Great global activity.
• Absolute Monarchs Age of Absolutism Centers & Response Activity
• Absolutism in Europe PPt Divine Right of Kings All European Nations
• Absolutism to Revolutions Who Am I Review Game Cards World History
• Absolutism to Revolutions Who Am I? Worksheet World History
• Age of Absolutism Political Cartoon Analysis Activity
• Society in Russia 1800s to Early 1900s Response Group Activity
• African Kingdoms in the Middle Ages Activity
• French Revolution Walking Tour or Gallery Walk