Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about space exploration and the first man on the moon as they complete a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this unit is a word search puzzle with a full answer key that is great for early finishers or to supplement the lesson. Additionally, after these introductory activities, students create a presentation to showcase their knowledge on the free Web 2.0 tool, Emaze (www.emaze.com). Optionally, these can be presented to the class.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well. This is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
· Teacher & Student Resources
· Learning about Space Exploration: First Man on the Moon WebQuest
Activity (print and editable digital files included)
· Learning about Space Exploration: First Man on the Moon WebQuest Answer Key
· Space Exploration: First Man on the Moon Word Search (with answer key)
· Space Exploration: First Man on the Moon Presentation Project in Emaze
Approximate Lesson Duration:
· WebQuest - 1 (50 minute) class period
· Word Search Puzzle – 15 minutes
· Emaze Presentation Project – 1.5 to 3 (50 minute) class periods
· Additional time, based on class size if you choose to have students present their projects to the class.