• Describe the effects of the Civil War on Americans in the north, south and west, including liberated African-Americans, women, former slaveholders and indigenous peoples.
These activities (4) and assessment are part of a whole Civil War unit, with this section focusing on the important people of the Civil War.
1. Compare and Contrast Lincoln and Davis
2. Give details about Civil War leaders, choose the BEST details and the
BEST leader/general and explain why
3. Justify what actions make each woman (Harriet Tubman and
Harriet Beecher Stowe) an abolitionist
4. Answer who, what, when, where and why questions about the life of Dred
Scott and Frederick Douglass
Assessment - Level 1 recall, Level 2 predict, Level 3 compare, Level 4 connect