So you hand your students back their graded test/assessment. Now what?
“Improving Student Performance Using a Performance Rubric, SMART Goal, and Self Evaluation” is a proven process that empowers students to use their assessment data to determine where they need to improve, set goals, and get results.
This process is an excellent tool for grades 2 – 5 in any curriculum area.
• Benchmark students: Promotes independent goal setting and encourages students to achieve to the best of their ability.
• Strategic students: Promotes independence and encourages mastery of problem areas.
• Intensive students: Promotes self-confidence by making goals manageable, tracking progress (no matter how small) over time, so students experience gains in small increments.
Are you moving your students from test to test, but unsure whether they are gaining mastery? Are you concerned about students who consistently struggle to gain mastery? If so, then “Improving Student Performance” is for you.
• The first time this is used, the teacher guides the students in each step of the process.
• Teacher discusses in mini-conferences student progress.
• As students learn the process, they work more independently, and teachers can monitor through check-ins.
Why use “Improving Student Performance”
• Students and teacher get results.
• Students have time to reflect and take ownership of needed improvement.
• Student Performance Portfolios can be used during teacher/parent conferences.
• Teachers and students use data to move the learning process forward.
• This is classroom tested, research based. You and your students will celebrate the results.
Instruction on how to use "Improving Student Performance" included in Teacher Guide (see Preview). Rubric, SMART Goal, and Self-Evaluation all include blank student pages and notated teacher guides.
Table of Contents
Improving Student Performance Flowchart
My Performance Portfolio (student cover sheet)
My Performance Rubric (student)
My SMART Goal (student)
My Self-Evaluation (student)
My Performance Rubric (teacher)
My SMART Goal (teacher)
My Self-Evaluation (teacher)