Do you need a fun lesson to teach & practice improvisation? Music Improvisation Chant feels like a game. The simultaneous instrument activities and rotation pattern that accompany this original chant put students at ease while learning to create their own music. Because multiple students are improvising at the same time, no one is "put on the spot."
**Click the previews above to see more of this FUN activity.
My students love this activity! I created it because it was hard to teach them how to improvise. Many students are afraid to even try. This activity gives the teacher a specific roadmap and it gives students guidance and confidence.
Included in This Lesson
- Original notated chant
- Body percussion activity
- Melodic improvisation activity
- Rhythmic & melodic improvisation activity
- Step-by-step guided instruction.
- Complete, succinct directions with diagrams included.
- Teacher tips/common mistakes/suggested corrections
Materials Needed for Lesson
- Four xylophones, metallophones, glockenspiels, or other melodic instruments
- Boomwhackers or unpitched rhythm instruments
If you are looking for no-prep Kodály music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the bundles below..
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.