In The Zone - Teaches Self-Regulation, Managing Emotions & Cognitive Awareness
In The Zone was the theme a Grade 5 class wanted to write about. They had been learning about the zones of regulation and explained the social and emotional colors used to identify what emotional zone they are in if they're feeling sad, mad or lonely and how to move into green or the positive zone.
In The Zone uses music to make values meaningful in a fun and interactive way. The lyric video is 1:53 long and provides a super convenient way for you to incorporate music into your classroom. In addition to the video, you get an MP3 of the song and additional support material that includes the story behind the writing of the song, actions, and additional learning activities.
Links to Download the video and MP3 are included in the support material.
Check Out a Live Performance Here In The Zone
In The Zone is part of Songs From Schools, a series of lessons that use music to reinforce values that I'm sure you're already trying to teach your students. Things like respect, confidence, empathy, being a good friend and creating a safe and supportive culture in the classroom.
These lessons use music to connect learning about values with practical ideas and solutions for situations in the classroom and on the playground. Through singing songs written by students just like them, your class will learn about social responsibility and initiatives like anti-bullying, the Buddy Bench, bucket filling and self-regulation.
All Lyric Videos Come With Additional
Material To Enhance Each Lesson; Such As:
• Lyric music video [HD Download] *
Watch the video on Teachers Pay Teachers, or Download it to make it easy and convenient to use. (Download Link Included in Supporting Document)
• Lyric videos use big, bright clear fonts making it easy for
your students to sing along as the video plays
• Support material includes the story behind the song and the students and the school where it was written, providing a greater understanding and appreciation
• Many songs have actions that make it fun and interactive and provide a great opportunity for students to move and dance
• There are additional learning activities included for each song, to promote greater understanding and group discussions
• You will also find additional links to live video performances from English, French and First Nations schools as students from across Canada sing these songs
• You also get an MP3 version of the song to make it as easy and convenient as possible to take the music with you so you can listen in the gym, the playground or even the drive home!
You can download the video, MP3, lesson and Behind The Scenes, Stories & Songs of a Nation pdf to make it as easy and convenient as possible to use this material.