Do you need a classical connection to crescendo and accelerando? How about a fun way to review ta, ti-ti, rest, and half note? If so, these listening activities are you! This set of activities focuses on Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of Mountain King"
The set includes:
- In the Hall of Mountain King PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Grieg while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Animated Listening Map PowerPoint (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying the theme in the piece as it gradually gets louder.
- Animated Listening Map Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color the crescendo and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the theme while listening to the piece.
- Instrument Play Along Activity PDF (for Projection)
**Students can perform rhythmic patterns that coincide with the form of the piece.
- Rhythm Performance Assessment (Printable)
**Students can perform one of the rhythmic patterns from the piece as an assessment.
- Rhythm Composition Assessment (Printable)
**Students can write their own patterns for each theme to perform with the piece as an assessment.
- Interactive Notebook Pages (Printables)
**Edvard Grieg Lift the Flap - color and b/w version
**Edvard Grieg Worksheet
**Animated Listening Map Worksheet
**Dynamics Lift the Flap - w/ and w/o symbols
**Rhythm Performance Assessment
**Rhythm Composition Assessment
**Writing Prompt - color and b/w version
Due to copyright, the recording of the piece is not included with this product. A link is included in the file.
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions.