Use the picture book In the Small, Small Pond as the inspiration for hands-on learning activities throughout the week in this preschool classroom lesson plan pack. Kids will learn about learn about the animals that leave near a pond, count, practice action words, observe pond water and more in over 30 engaging activities inspired by this book.
This preschool lesson plan includes over 30 sensory play, literacy, math, pretend play, and science activities for large group, small group, and center activities.
All Preschool Teacher 101 Classroom Lesson Plans Include
1) Recommended Book List
2) 1-Page Weekly Lesson Plan Grid with Activity Ideas for Whole Group, Literacy, Math, and Science each day
3) Alternate Editable Weekly Grids for 4-day, 3-day, and 2-day programs
4) 5 Daily Lesson Plan Sheets with Activity Directions and Materials List
5) 2-Page Center Descriptions
6) Related Printables
In addition to a wide variety of hands-on learning activities, this packet also includes the following printables:
1) Hopping Color Math Roll and Graph Game Board and Game Cube
2) Duckling Dice Game (in color and black/white formats)
3) Uppercase frog alphabet cards
4) Lowercase tadpole alphabet cards
5) Pond life photograph and word cards
6) Animals at the Pond emergent readers (3 versions for differentiated learning)
7) Pond life number cards 0-35
8) Pond life counting mats (1-10)
9) Pond life cards for patterning, counting and sorting
10) Pond Life Roll and Color Graphing Game Board and Game Cube
More Resources for the Preschool Classroom
Ball Theme Preschool Lesson Plans
Editable Preschool Homework Calendars
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Preschool Lesson Plans
Save on Future Purchases:
Be sure to "Follow" ECEducation101 on TpT so you will get notifications each time a new product is added! All products are 50% for the first 24 hours they are posted.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable to you so we can create more for you. ☺
We hope this set saves you a lot of time and your students love these activities!
Shaunna and Mary Catherine