Here’s a project in the way of Jean-Paul Riopelle, a great painter, engraver and sculptor from Quebec.
-From 1st grade and over. Can be done with children from kindergarten (using models).
- Texture rubbings
- Rounded shapes
- Primary colours
- Cartridge paper (11x15)
- Hard tempera paint
- Liquid tempera paint
This document includes:
-A comprehensive approach described in 11 easy steps.
-An evaluation rubric
- Five models to create the birds are available and can be used with younger students (kindergarten). Feel free to photocopy them.
Older students should demonstrate more originality and creativity and draw their own bird!
You will find some guidelines to conduct an appraisal discussion on the artworks of Riopelle at the beginning of the document.
About 4 periods
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback. Your comments can help me make my resources better for you.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.