This project helps you discover two different paintings by Vincent Van Gogh: ''Starry Night'' and ''Sunflowers''.
Using these two paintings as inspiration, you will create your own unique painting, working in the same manner as the impressionist artists.
Welcome the spring with this 'sunny' project.
-Grade 3 and up
-Interesting for Junior high school
-Liquid Tempera paints
-Coloured wax crayons
-Hot glue (easier)
-2 white cardboards 8.5 x 11
-1 cardboard 8.5 x 11 cut in half
-So, each student will need 3 cardboards.
This document includes:
-An exhaustive step-by-step descriptions with photos.
-An evaluation rubric
-An « artwork appreciation" for « Starry night" at the end of the document with suggested answers.
Duration: About 6 class periods
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback.
Your comments can help me make my resources better for you. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.