Here’s a project in the way of Jean-Paul Riopelle, a great painter, engraver and sculptor from Quebec.
From 1st grade and over. Can be done with children from kindergarten (using models).
This document includes a comprehensive approach described in 11 easy steps. Five models to create the birds are available and can be used with younger students (kindergarten). Feel free to photocopy them.
Older students should demonstrate more originality and creativity and draw their own bird!
For this project, you will need to have white sheets of paper (11x15), hard tempera paint, liquid tempera paint and wax crayons. Rubbing plates or other objects with texture are also required.
You will find some guidelines to conduct an appraisal discussion on the artworks of Riopelle at the beginning of the document as well as the evaluation criteria grid at the end.
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.