Gallery walks are an active way to engage students in their learning. This introductory activity engages students in an exploration of the culture of the Incas. Students work in groups to go on a gallery walk, make notes about aspects of the Incan culture and conduct an initial analysis of the Incan culture which can be re-examined as students go deeper into the study of the Inca. Great for early in your study of the Inca or to review students' understanding of the Incan culture. Skip the lecture and get students up and moving!
A great addition to your study of the Civilizations of the Americas
This detailed guide includes:
-Complete teacher’s guide for setting up gallery walk with 8 displays
-Student handouts including graphic organizer for gallery walk
-A complete list of materials
- Optional visual analysis activity
Maya, Inca and Aztec Resources Include:
- Maya Inca Aztecs Interactive Notebook Graphic Organizers
- Aztec Illustrated Timeline Activity
- Aztec Comparative Timeline for Interactive Notebooks
- Mayan Government and Laws Gallery Walk Activity
- The Aztecs Social Class, Cities and Government Station Activities
- The Aztecs Calendar, Writing System and Rituals Station Activities
- Mayan Number System Inquiry-Based Station Activities
- Mayan Glyphs and Writing System Station Activities
- Aztecs Gallery Walk - an Introduction to the Aztec Culture
If you like gallery walks, you can find more World History Gallery Walks
in this money saving bundle.
Ways to Save
- MesoAmerica Teacher Resource bundle on the Maya, Aztec and Inca
- World History Middle School Resource Bundle
which includes my ENTIRE library of World History related products for middle school.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not permitted to be shared with colleagues or by an entire subject or grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays and more.
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.