This resource is intended to teach students about inclusion and empathy. This is not intended to single out students with disabilities or students in the minority. I have created this in a way that will draw all students to question how they view others and how they are included themselves.
This resource is to be used with books about disabilities, bullying, gender, race, religion, and other topics that often lead to people not being included. My hope is that this resource helps create a culture of trust, openness, and inclusion in your classroom! Getting the conversation going is so helpful!
Students will use skills such as interviewing, researching, reflection, writing, and reading to complete this packet.
- “What I know” – Pre-assessment
- “Inclusion” – What is inclusion?
- “Book” - What book did you read about inclusion?
- “My Connections” – How did you connect with the book you read?
- “Ability and Struggle” – What are the abilities and struggles of the main character and for you?
- Venn Diagram – Compare yourself to the main character.
- “My Rating” – Rate the book.
- “Interview Questions” – Interview someone about inclusion.
- “Interview” – 4 sheets to interview 4 different people.
- “Research Questions” – Suggested questions to guide your research on the topic from your book.
- “Research” – 4 sheets to take notes on your research.
- “What I learned” – Same as the “What I know” page but this is the post assessment.
You can also find me here:
Teach The Way They Learn Blog
Did you know that you can earn credits for future purchases? On your "My Purchases" page, beside each purchased item, you can "Provide Feedback." If you click on that and leave a rating and comment on your purchases, you will earn credit to use on future purchases!
Thanks for looking at this product! If you like what you see, please follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page. This way you will be able to see when I post new products!