This packet can be used to prevent the dreadful summer slide and prepare students for the transition to 4th grade.
The packet requires students to complete the following:
- Read at least 2 grade level books, from beginning to end and write a short summary for each book.
- Respond to a writing prompt.
- Practice spelling and defining a list of vocabulary words.
- Complete 4 "Solve & Explain" word problems.
- Study all multiplication facts, 1-12.
The packet begins with an informational letter and checklist to help keep your future students organized. All supplemental materials, rubrics and additional information and directions are attached.
**Narrative Writing Rubric from Jamie Rector, 2nd Grade Stuff**