This unit focuses on insects. It includes the following objectives
• Students will identify characteristics of an insect.
• Students will sort insects and non-insects.
• Students will create an insect based on knowledge gained.
• Students will draw complete and incomplete metamorphosis life cycles.
• Students will independently research a specific insect in a web quest.
• Students will go on a insect hunt, observe insects and take notes.
• Students will read a variety of fiction and nonfiction books about insects.
• Students will complete a graphic organizer noting important details.
• After reading students will write facts and opinions about insects.
• Informative: Students will synthesize information gained in 2 nonfiction texts to write an informational booklet about insects.
• Creative/descriptive: Students will write a creative/descriptive paragraph detailing a day as an insect.
• Persuasive: Students will write a persuasive letter about an ant.
*** This product had been updated and now includes two close reading passages and comprehension pages.