Independent Book Project- Awesome! Brochure, Read, Poster, Student Evaluation
This project consists of FOUR parts. All parts must be done on time and submitted together. For Part 2, you will need to get the librarian, to sign this page. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS PROJECT UNTIL YOU MAKE ALL CORRECTIONS TO PART 1.
ONCE YOU HAVE SELECTED YOUR BOOK AND GIVEN ME THE TITLE, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO CHANGE YOUR BOOK!!!!!!!
PART 1: STUDENT RECOMMENDATION OF BOOK ( must be typed)
This will become part of a notebook of Student Recommendations that will be kept in the library.
After reading your book, you will write an honest evaluation of the book. This will include the title, the author, and the category (angst, mystery, non-fiction, sports, etc). In addition you will include:
• A one paragraph summary of the entire book without giving away the ending.
• A one paragraph explanation of the major conflict in the book, again without giving away the ending.
• ONE GREAT QUOTATION THAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE INTERESTED IN READING THIS BOOK
• Your honest reaction / evaluation of this book.
YOU WILL HAND PART 1 in to me but you will NOT RECEIVE credit for this project until you have made any and all corrections on it. Since this will be part of the library’s collection, it MUST be perfect AND IT MUST BE TYPED!!!!!!!
PART 2: A “READ” POSTER OF YOU!!!
Before the project is due, bring your book to the library and have the librarian take a photograph of you “reading” your book. You will become a “READ” POSTER!
Have the librarian sign this form: Your Name ___________________________________
Title of Book __________________________________
Ms. Griffin’s signature __________________________
PART 3: BROCHURE
Using WORD and its “new documents” menu, make a four-sided brochure advertising your book. You may Include a picture, information about your book, a recommendation quotation, genre (category), information about characters, information about setting, other books that “if you like this, you will like…”, etc. All four sides of the brochure must be completed and the brochure must be well-written, attractive, and informational.
PART 4: WRITE AN ON-LINE REVIEW
When you are finished with your book, go online to Amazon.com and enter the title of your book. Go to the part of the page that says “Create your own review” and do precisely that. You may set up an Amazon.com account or you may write your review without doing so. Using the form provided by Amazon, create a review of the book. Remember that this will be seen online --- therefore write it well and remember that you have an audience. Print out a copy of the review for me to see so that it can be graded as part of this project.
• All parts of this project must be done to receive credit.
• Ms. Griffin, the librarian, must sign that you have made a “READ” poster. This signature page will be handed in with the project.
• Once you have given me the title of the book, you will NOT be able to change your book selection. Therefore make sure that you like your book before submitting the title to me.
• You will NOT receive credit for the project until you have made any and all corrections on your Part 1, the part that will become part of our library’s permanent collection of recommendations.
ENJOY ---- Remember that the due date is ________________