This 100 point independent novel study comes complete with activities for literature analysis, vocabulary analysis, character analysis, literature small-group discussion, plot mapping, and choices for an alternative book report. Just insert the novel, plug, and play!
Included are explanations of assignments, a check-off list to include student and teacher accountability, all printable activities, and a teacher grading checklist. The project is set up for a 20-chapter novel, but you can edit as needed depending on how many chapters the novel has.
Included in this 44-page packet:
1. Vocabulary journal
2. Four reproducible literary analysis charts
3. Two reproducible vocabulary analysis charts
4. Five reproducible literary reflections
5. Reproducible Discussion question answer sheets
(questions will vary depending on your specific novel)
6. Reproducible story map
7. Two reproducible character analysis sheets
8. One reproducible "My Character and Me" Venn Diagram
9. Book report makeover parent letter with five projects to choose from and guidelines for each
10. Teacher grading checklist
11. Student work progress chart
I teach gifted students in grades 2-6, and so many of them finish work early in class or are just passionate about reading. This project is great for your bookworms who need a deeper understanding of what they’re reading or just accountability for independent reading. It’s also a great tool for small literature circles, as kids can discuss not only the discussion questions but also their analyses of the vocabulary and chapters, themes, and characters in the novel.
Any CCSS for literature at any grade level can be plugged in to match this project. Enjoy!