Products in this Bundle (4)
15 Book Report Project Bundle
This bundle contains 15 of our most popular book report projects to save you time and money. Students will enjoy the variety of their independent reading assignments as each of these book report projects provides lots of student choice.
The following 4 book report projects are included:
- Book Vs. Movie Comparison Assignment
- 12 Genre Book Reports
- Shoe Box Book Report
- Novel Study Choice Board
All of the products in this bundle are available to be purchased individually.
1. "This is a GREAT bundle with lots of activities that have flexible options. Thanks SO much for sharing!"
2. "Great resource! Works for all levels of learning. Very adaptable!"
3. "What a great resource! I love that this bundle provides so much opportunity for student choice, public speaking, and differentiation. Each activity is chunked for students, meaning that I can extend an assignment over several class periods if I want. I also adore the Book Talk Bookmarks. Such a great idea! Thanks!"
4. "What an extensive collection of project ideas! I love that these get away from the traditional paper book report and give the kids creative options while still targeting the Curriculum Frameworks!"
5. "Always a fan of 2peasandadog's work! These book report ideas are engaging and come with all of the needed components (instructions, graphic organizers, rubrics)."
Book Versus Movie
Students will select a book to read that has been made into a movie. They will have a series of assignments to complete that demonstrate their understanding of both the book and the movie. Students will compare and contrast the novel and movie's plot, characters, setting, and theme. Each section of the assignment includes a due date option to ensure that the assignment is presented in "sections" to students and to space out your marking load.
-Book vs. Movie Suggestion List
-4 different assessment rubrics in a 4 level success criteria format
-6 different graphic organizers to help with comprehension during reading of the novel (Questioning, Making Connections, Plot, Characters)
-1 graphic organizer to help with comparing the book to the movie (Compare and Contrast)
12 Genre Book Reports
12 different engaging reading assignments are included in this book report bundle that covers both Fiction and Non-Fiction Genres. Assignment types rotate every three months helping students achieve mastery.
4 R's (Retell, Relate, Reflect, Review) -reflection writing assignment
Book Report Choice Board -creative assignment
Sell This Book -book talk
Other Included Assignments:
Student-Created Lesson based on Non-Fiction Reading
Traditional Literature vs. Fractured Fairy Tales
Shoe Box Book Report
Engage your students in their independent reading by having them create a Shoe Box Book Report and swap with a classmate. This product comes with two format options: task cards and an assignment sheet. Students produce a shoebox covered in art, words and paragraphs all relating to the novel of their choice.
This product contains:
-9 Book Report Task Cards
-1 Shoe Box Book Report Assignment
-1 Assessment Rubric
-Set of 3 Student Book Choice Cards
Novel Study Choice Board
This is a NO PREP just photocopy and go - reading activity for ANY fiction novel. Students are given a choice of 11 different activities to demonstrate their understanding of their novel of choice.
Book Report Choice Board Assignment with 11 Options
4 Level Assessment Rubric
Other Engaging ELA Assignments: