If you want your students to enjoy reading, these Independent Reading Activities are a must for your classroom!
Created around a restaurant theme, students choose activities from a menu: Appetizers, Main Courses, and Desserts.
* Appetizers - Quick activities to complete so students can get back to their next book. (5 projects)
* Main Courses - Detailed projects that are fun. Gives you a great comprehension assessment. (6 projects)
* Desserts - Fun little projects that are perfect to wrap up a great book. (6 projects)
This is super easy to manage! Just hang the posters where students can see the different menu choices, use a file box of hanging file holder to store the templates and directions, and you're done. I have my hanging file holder attached to heavy magnets on the side of a filing cabinet.
Uses for this product:
* Reading/Literacy Centers
* Independent reading projects
* Book report ideas
* Easy "go to" if you need to have a last minute sub - students can read and work on their projects.
* Differentiate small reading group assignments
* Literature Circle wrap up projects
This is truly a print and use product. All templates are included, as well as a student reading list, and a rubric that will work for all of the projects.
My students love these project choices, and I know yours will, too! Please take a moment to download the preview to see pictures of how I set this up in my room, pictures of some of the projects, and a free bookmark template. There's also a link at the end of the preview for 10 free ELA/Math games!
Make sure that you are following The Owl Spot for updates on new products, sales, and free items. You won't want to miss out!
Happy Teaching (and reading)! - Martha from "The Owl Spot"