Also included in
- Wanting to create or enhance an independent reading program? Literature circles, intervention lessons, book club, choice reading arrangements? Creating the materials can be overwhelming, but reading choice is crucial to students' growth as readers, perceptions of their abilities, engagement in class$35.00$43.48Save $8.48
- Provide engaging, visual layers of accountability during independent reading. This independent reading accountability bundle contains SIX ways to help students grow as readers. Track reading progress, volume, book diet, and book fit while providing creative alternatives to the dreaded reading log.It$11.25$13.00Save $1.75
So you are running an independent reading program, but it's hard to track which students are reading, how quickly they are finishing books, and what genres they are exploring. Solution? Try these independent reading book spines with your choice reading program. They are helpful for teacher organization, student accountability, and goal setting.
This resource contains:
1. Over 10 versions of book spines students can complete after reading a book during the independent reading program. You can display these on the wall, above the white board, on a bulletin board, or however works best for you. I have students add to the display throughout the year to track our collective reading progress.
2. Two different title options for the bulletin board or display. Print the letters on colored paper or cardstock to match your decor. Then, cut, laminate, and hang.
3. Three different tracking pages for teacher organization. They will help you to see students' reading pace, genre selection, and overall class needs. You can also use them to record differentiation needs students might have, like audio tape versions, re-teachings on book fit, or small group settings for independent reading.
4. A brief after-reading accountability activity, which also doubles as a peer book recommendation form. You may decide to display these with the book spines.
I recommend pairing these book spines and reading tracking forms with my reading ladder, which helps students select just right books.
: This resource is also part of a larger INDEPENDENT READING PROGRAM bundle for adding organization, engagement, relevance, and accountability to choice reading in middle and high school.
This independent reading resource will help you make your choice reading program more successful. The book spines and reading tracking pages will add accountability and organization to the process. Love this? You might also enjoy...
Let's stay connected for updates, sales, new products, and teaching ideas!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.