We all know that students should be reading independently EVERY day! BUT … Does it drive you crazy when your kids pick up a different book every day for independent reading?? Have you ever seen a kid just open their book to a random page and just start reading?? Isn't it enough to drive you crazy??
Some may call it DEAR, some SSR. But regardless of its name, this product outlines a step by step approach to organizing your kids’ independent reading! This package is chock full of tremendous tools to support your program. Here's all that you get …
1) Introduction and explanation with clear directions and frequently asked questions
2) Parent letter in an editable WORD file
3) Parent tip sheet for helping with reading at home
3) Book notes for parents to complete when their child finishes a book at home
4) Bookmarks for students to track their reading
5) Reading logs for students to track the books that they have read
6) Reading Charts for display
7) Independent Reading Folder Cover
8) Book Review Sheets for students to rate their books
This program can be used in a single classroom or school wide. As a librarian, I run this as a school wide reading program, and my teachers have very POSITIVE reactions to it. They find it easy to manage in the classroom and appreciate how it has made their students more accountable in their daily reading.
Looking for a different theme? Check these out!
Catch the Reading Wave
Just Read Fairy Tale Theme
Out of This World Space Theme