Independent Reading Project Guidelines
1. You will be required to complete a reading choice during the semester. These will be read on your own; although, I will give you silent Independent Reading Project time several times throughout the semester as long as you come to class prepared when it is given to you.
2. You may choose any author you like as long as it is at your reading level. (That means no basic books). I must approve of your book. If I do not, then you will not be able to read it. Each piece of literature must be at least 150 pages in length, and there cannot be a movie on the book!!!
3. For your reading choice, you must turn in 3 parts. 1. a book report form 2. a reading summary and 3. a project you choose. The book report form and summary instructions are included in this packet. The independent projects you may choose from are included in this packet.
• For the first nine weeks, you must choose one Project A to complete. These are included in the packet.
• For the 2nd nine weeks, you must choose one Project B to complete, AND you must complete one Project C . You will be given these at the beginning of the second nine weeks or upon completion of the first reading choice.
4. For your independent reading project, you may choose from many types of literature. You must obviously read a novel.
5. This entire project is worth 200 points. The first 100 points will be for your book report form and summary. The second 100 points will be for your two projects (50 points for Project B and 50 points for Project C). There is a rubric on the back of the project forms.
6. You must turn in the book report form and the Project A forms with your summary and your project.
7. I will keep a list of what books are being read. You must have your choice turned into me by _____________________________ . You CANNOT change books after this date!!!!!!