******BEFORE YOU BUY, CHECK OUT MY BUNDLE OF READING MATERIALS FOR A SUPER DISCOUNTED PRICE. THIS ITEM IS INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE!
Independent Reading Classroom Starter Kit
The key to any research-based independent reading program is giving students a daily purpose for reading. This product allows you to tie student purpose to Common Core Standards and every literary element you cover throughout the course of the year!
This product, featuring 22 PAGES, has 105 reading response QUESTIONS and PROMPTS, can be used during independent reading time during class. These journal prompts are aligned to the Common Core State Standards for Literature. Questions pertaining to 62 different literature elements, writing devices, and types of figurative language are included.
Two versions are included-One with and one without decorative borders.
These prompts, with the index, allow you to give students specific independent practice based on what you are currently working on in class. If you are working on characterization, simply give students the number of one of the characterization prompts to practice with during independent reading time.
* Each prompt falls under one of the COMMON CORE LITERATURE STRANDS.
* Prompts are also related to literary elements to allow students independent practice of what they have learned in class.
* The prompts are numbered and offer an easy to use INDEX of LITERARY TERMS.
* Students can be given a handout to keep in their reading response binders and you can simply give them the number of the prompt they are to work on during independent reading time.
* These questions can also be used in literature lessons, small group reading instruction, partner work, novel studies, and literature circles.
If you like my product, please click the green star in the upper right hand corner to follow me and receive updates about new products and sales!
****UPDATED 6/20/14. If you have already purchased, please download the new version with a new format and additional questions!