This rubric helps you monitor and assess the reading of the students in your class. Not only does it focus on the reading that takes place at home, but along with the all the skills necessary to become a successful reader. (i.e - not distracting others, reading books on level or challenged level, using post-it notes effectively, brings book to class every day, does not abandon books, etc.)
There are 10 skills scored with the ability to receive:
- 2 points (minimum effort)
- 4 points (below expectations)
- 6 points (approaching expectations)
- 8 points (meets expectations)
- 10 points (above expectations).
The rubric is scored that each student can receive up to a total of 100 points.