- ***Many of the resources in this bundle are currently in the process of being converted to fillable Google resources. I will update their descriptions as they are adapted and will attempt to adapt as quickly as I am able. This bundle provides first year and AP Literature teachers looking for a refre$324.50$499.00Save $174.50
- Product Description
This resource, previously titled Independent Reading Project, provides several different options and resources for independent reading in AP English Literature classes. The Independent Reading Paper, or INP, is included, with materials for rolling it out, meeting with students, and assessing the paper. However, it also includes materials for independent reading that is not governed by a full-length paper but instead assesses through on-demand writing. The following resources are included:
For independent reading in general:
- A resource overview that explains the INP and how to facilitate independent reading in other forms
- Links to helpful blog posts about independent reading, engaging books, and best practices
For the Independent Novel Project (or INP):
- Learning targets and expansion activities for teacher use (editable)
- A handout explaining the purpose of the independent reading assignment (editable)
- A list of open-ended questions (compiled from previously released AP Lit exams) to use for their summative assignment. (editable)
- Two pages of reflection questions for students to respond to in preparation for a one-on-one meeting with the instructor. (editable)
- An editable rubric for scoring the summative essay. (editable)
For cultivating independent reading:
- A two-page handout helping teachers create AP-level writing prompts for different novels, including a template and teacher guide.
- A resource for creating independent reading norms in the classroom (editable)
Click here to read about the different strategies I've used to support independent reading in AP Lit classes!
This resource is included in my AP Lit Full Course Bundle!