Also included in
- This bundle provides first year and AP® Literature teachers looking for a refresher with materials for teaching AP® Lit for an entire year. Before purchasing, I highly recommend you download this pacing guide and full course overview, which explains the course design and use of each resource in this$375.00$566.00Save $191.00
This resource, previously titled Independent Reading Project, provides several different options and resources for independent reading in AP® English Literature classes. The Independent Reading Paper, or INP, is included, with materials for rolling it out, meeting with students, and assessing the paper. However, it also includes materials for independent reading that is not governed by a full-length paper but instead assesses through on-demand writing. The following resources are included:
For independent reading in general:
- A resource overview that explains the INP and how to facilitate independent reading in other forms
- Links to helpful blog posts about independent reading, engaging books, and best practices
For the Independent Novel Project (or INP):
- Learning targets and expansion activities for teacher use (editable)
- A handout explaining the purpose of the independent reading assignment (editable)
- A list of open-ended questions (compiled from previously released AP Lit exams) to use for their summative assignment. (editable)
- Two pages of reflection questions for students to respond to in preparation for a one-on-one meeting with the instructor. (editable)
- An editable rubric for scoring the summative essay. (editable)
For cultivating independent reading:
- A two-page handout helping teachers create AP®-level writing prompts for different novels, including a template and teacher guide.
- A resource for creating independent reading norms in the classroom (editable)
Click here to read about the different strategies I've used to support independent reading in AP® Lit classes!
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.