Independent Work Task Table Data Collection Made Easy!
An example of how to collect the data is provided!
2 Versions of 3 Task Data
2 Versions of 4 Task Data
(Based on the TEACCH Method)
Data is collected in 3 main areas:
1) Initiating Work System
2) Completing Task
3) Put in All Done
Directions for (1) Initiating Work System:
- Student grabbed 1st task card off of their TEACCH System Task Strip and checked-in to the first task.
- Student brings task to desk to start task
- (applies to all 2/3/4 tasks)
Directions for (2) Completing Task:
- Level of prompting needed for that student to complete that task.
* Independent = Do completely by themself
* Gesutue = pointing to redirect attention
* Verbal = 1 word reminder to keep working
* Partial Physical = Touch elbow to direct
Directions for (3) Put in All Done:
- Once task is completed, they place their completed task in the "All Done" area.
Prompting in each category:
- Follow the prompt hierarchy (Left to right) I FP
- Circle the prompt(s) that were needed
- Tally under the prompt if the student requires more than one prompt