Also included in
- This money-saving bundle combines 10 life-skills products with everything you need to get an independent work system set up in your middle or high school life skills classroom. Independent work is great for students who need practice completing a series of tasks without constantly checking in or get$32.00$40.00Save $8.00
- All the visuals data sheets, communication tools and and supports you need to make your secondary classroom a success. If you are teaching a self-contained or resource classroom for students with severe or complex disaibilites, this bundle saves you 10% over buying materials individually.Included a$103.72$115.25Save $11.53
- This money-saving bundle combines 13 life-skills products (and a bonus coin sorting activity) and everything you need to get an independent work system set up in your middle or high school life skills classroom. Independent work is great for students who need practice completing a series of tasks wi$44.00$55.00Save $11.00
This independent work system starter kit includes everything you need to start using structured task boxes in your classroom to foster independence for students with autism and other students with special needs. Independent work systems (also called structured work systems or task boxes)
This structured task boxes starter kit includes detailed instructions, pictures, the ability to add your own visuals to backgrounds for schedules and reinforcement, plus signs and supports to make independent work effective in your classroom.
Independent task boxes are something many teachers in self-contained classrooms use to teach students to work on their own. Structured tasks have many different benefits for the teacher, the student, and the classroom as a whole. When students develop independence through the use of independent work task boxes, they develop a sense of ownership of their learning and the teacher is freed up to provide more individualized instruction to other students.
Teach elementary students?
Inside this structured work system starter kit, you’ll find:
✅ An e-book (PDF) of directions for setting up independent work systems in your classroom and resources for tasks.
✅ A sign for the independent work area
✅ Schedule Visuals
- 1 set of colored matching schedule pieces
- 1 page each of colored paint cans, money, tools, clothes, safety signs
- 1 page of sports visuals
- 1 page of blue shape visuals (match to same color or red shapes)
- 1 page of red shape visuals (match to same color or blue shapes)
- 1 page each of visuals for spring, summer, winter and fall
- Numbers 1-120 schedule pieces
- Uppercase letter schedule pieces (match identical or lowercase to uppercase)
- Lowercase letter schedule pieces (match identical or lowercase to uppercase)
✅ 2 finished signs (that can be reproduced for as many stations as needed) for the finished area or finished box/bin.
✅ 2 pages of common reinforcer or “what’s next” pictures
✅ All of the above visuals, signs, and pictures are included in 5 different background choices
✅ Social story with expectations for students in independent work (with ability to add your own pages)
✅ PDF and PowerPoint Editable (add info only) Mastery Lists
✅ PDF and PowerPoint Editable (add info only) Master Task List for Organization
✅ Independent Work Reminders List
✅ Reset Checklist for Staff to reset systems
✅ Independent Work Data Sheets for 1, 2, 3, and 4-basket systems
✅ List for other starter materials needed for structured work systems along with resources for making independent work task boxes
✅ Links to a video and backgrounds for adding your own visuals to the system with the same backgrounds.
This single starter kit can be used to set up multiple structured work systems in one classroom. Please buy multiple licenses if you want to use them in multiple classrooms.
You might also like these independent work tasks:
This product is copyrighted to Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. For bulk discounts, please email me at email@example.com