This is a set of over 90 pages has everything you need for indepedent writing. Along with labels for writing notebooks/journals, this set contains almost 20 individual writing prompts that can be glued into a journal and/or written on the publishing paper to display!
Also, in this set, there are 28 class-wide writing prompts for a quick and effective writing station. Just print, glue to the front of a spiral notebook, and place in a box or bucket for easy access. That's it! Each cover explains the steps when using the journal and a prompt with questions to make writing easier for the students to generate details!
Here are the directions on EACH cover (below the prompt/topic):
1. Find the next clean page in the journal (don’t skip pages)
2. Write your name and date at the top RIGHT side of the page!
3. Write your topic on the middle of the top line.
4. Create a thinking map to organize your thoughts.
5. Write your thoughts neatly.
6. Edit your writing with C.U.P.S.
There are also editing tools: CUPS=Capitalization, Understanding, Punctuation, & Spelling, and Senses!
Did I mention there is also a RUBRIC? Yes, this set has EVERYTHING For The Teacher! I used this in my 2nd grade classroom and it was a HIT!