Independent and Dependent Clauses - a complete unit for secondary ELA
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This grammar bundle has more than enough grammar lessons, resources, activities, and quizzes for the entire school year! With more than 400 EDITABLE PowerPoint slides and more than 300 pages of grammar teaching materials, this bundle will help you improve your students' grammar.This grammar bundle iPrice $149.00Original Price $251.91Save $102.91
- Teach your students all about independent clauses and dependent clauses with this digital and traditional print clauses teaching unit! This resource includes teaching materials for direct teaching instruction, student practice, and Google Forms for assessments!This lesson plan includes:- a 45 slide,Price $8.25Original Price $15.50Save $7.25
- This mega grammar bundle for secondary ELA is a traditional print-only resource for in-person instruction, and it has more than enough grammar lessons, resources, activities, and quizzes for the entire school year! With more than 400 EDITABLE PowerPoint slides and more than 300 pages of grammar teacPrice $124.00Original Price $152.22Save $28.22
Help your students learn about independent and dependent clauses with this engaging unit! This comprehensive teaching unit includes an editable presentation for direct instruction, hands-on student activities, dependent and independent clause worksheets, and a final assessment.
Your students will gain a stronger understanding of clauses and the English language with this unit. They will also become stronger writers because they will gain knowledge about proper punctuation and be able to determine the difference between complete and incomplete sentences.
This Independent and Dependent Clauses Unit Includes:
- 45-slide, editable, animated PowerPoint
- a diagnostic pre-test
- multiple worksheets
- a hands-on classroom activity
- a final test
- applicable answer keys
Your students will love the practical and direct approach this lesson takes. They will also love the hands-on activity where they physically make sentences with dependent clauses and independent clauses.
The presentation breaks this difficult concept down to the basics, which makes it easier for students to grasp. First, students learn about subjects and verbs. Then, they learn about the difference between phrases and clauses, and the difference between dependent and independent clauses. Before you know it, your students will master this concept and be able to write amazing complex sentences!
Prep is quick and easy... Just follow along with the presentation to help guide your clauses instruction and print out the student materials.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ashley A. says, "This is a great resource. My students love guessing if something is an independent or dependent clause. I have seen their writing improve leaps and bounds after using this resource."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lisa R. says, "My students loved this curriculum and were engaged during instruction. I used this curriculum to teach grammar to my high schoolers in an SDC class. My students' knowledge grew and they learned things they had never been taught. This curriculum was easy to use and easy to teach."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Beth U. says, "My students loved this! Lots of extra practice for them on essential and non-essential clauses and saved me a ton of time because I didn't have to create it all! Thank you so much! Awesome resource!"
You may also like…
→ Sentence Structure: Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences
→ Writing in Parallel Structure
→ Mega Grammar Bundle for Secondary ELA
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.