India: Country in Focus( Webquest)
Also included in
- COUNTRIES IN FOCUS:A BUNDLE OF RESOURCES ON COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD WEBQUESTSRUSSIA SWITZERLAND CHINA ICELAND GREECE ITALYINDIABRAZILAUSTRALIAIRELANDIntroduce young people to these 10 countries of the world with these different webquest. Additionally extension activities, links and the key are includPrice $37.50Original Price $39.85Save $2.35
Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. The second in the series is India.India is a country in Asia. After China, it has the world's largest population. Did you know that it was ancient India which gave the world the idea of the zero? Did you know that the game Chutes and Ladders comes from an Indian board game? Did you know that more people speak English in India than in the United States? If you travel to India, make sure to visit it's most famous landmark, the Taj Mahal! Let's Explore India...
It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity.
NOTE: If you'd like a student version so you can use it with Google Classrooms and not have the teacher section with the key, just email me via Q/A and I will be happy to send you a copy.
Other resources you may find of interest:
1. Taj Mahal:Explore World Landmarks are great to introduce kids to some popular world landmarks around the world. .With writing in the content area, the short activities can also be used in Language Arts classes, too! About one page of reading, discussion questions and extension activities.World Landmark Reading Passage/Extension Activities-Taj Mahal
2. Chess, yoga,the game Parcheesi and the place value -zero are just some of the gifts we have from India.Want to introduce your students to the country of India? This resources will be most helpful.Basic notes,mapskill activity, lots of extension activities and links to get your students engaged in learning about the country of India.Let's Explore India Unit
3. Want a fun activity to review vocabulary terms on India?Looking for an enrichment activity in history?Try my India Puzzler:Secret Message Review Activity.Students review vocabulary terms on India and then do a following direction activity. Letters from the different terms in spells out a secret message!Key/additional info/Voc box are provided. India Puzzler, Secret Message Activity
Other Countries in Focus:
1. Russia: This webquest of 10 questions will enable young people to learn lots of information on the country of Russia! Extension activities, resources, fun facts,key. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. Russia, Country in Focus: A Webquest/Extension Activities
2. Australia: Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. There is also a mapskill activity. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation, for an enrichment activity or for a substitute.
Country in Focus: Australia, A Webquest/Extension Activities
3. Iceland. Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Iceland, Country in Focus: A Webquest/Extension Activities
Did you know that a Swiss man named Bertrand Piccard was the first person to circumnavigate the earth in a hot-air balloon? Did you know that the first chocolate bar was made in Switzerland back in 1819? Learn more about this mountainous country with this informative webquest on Switzerland!
Mapwork, 9 web questions, extension activities and key.
It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity. Switzerland, Country in Focus: A Webquest/Extension Activities
5. Greece: Use this informative web quest as an introduction to the country of Greece. Greece, A Country in Focus: A Webquest/Extension Activities
6. China: A great resource that helps develop skills such as reading for information and using research and computer skills. This web quest gives students an overview to the country: map skills, info on panda bears, Great Wall, Terra Cotta Solders-more. Extension activities/key (12 page resource with 10 informational web questions). China, A Country in Focus: A Webquest/Extension Activities
Perhaps, you might like to follow my TpT Store. Click by the green star by my photograph.